As the list below shows, Selective’s program for contractors offers a wide array of coverages to meet your specific needs. And many coverages are built in at no additional cost. Please contact your Selective agent for more information.
- Third-party bodily injury and property damage claims arising from negligence
- Contractual liability
- Limits apply per job/per location basis
- General Liability ElitePac®: One coverage of note is:
- Where required in writing, blanket additional insured coverage provided for ongoing operations on a primary and non-contributory basis, including waiver of subrogation.
- Contractors ElitePac® Extension: Builds on our strong general liability base. One coverage of note includes:
- Additional Insured Coverage responds on an "arising out of" basis when required by contract language.
Commercial Automobile Insurance
- Blanket additional insured, where required by written agreement.
- Hired car physical damage coverage, where required by written agreement.
- Auto loan/lease gap coverage (except New York).
- Inland Marine Pacs, which include a number of coverages under one form
- Builders risk
- Installation floaters
- Contractors equipment
- Miscellaneous property/tools
Property ElitePac® or Property enhancement endorsements provide various levels of coverage, including:
- Property off premises, including tools
- Property in transit (includes tools and free on board shipments)
- Installation coverage
- Coverage for personal effects
- Protection for outdoor trees, shrubs and plants (no per-item limit)
- In-house capacity - $20 million
- Limits apply over the underlying per job/per location aggregate
To help you tailor your insurance program to your individual needs, Selective offers a variety of optional coverages, including:
- Pesticide and herbicide applicator coverage
- Worksite damages (limited pollution coverage)
- Blanket additional insured for completed operation
- Electronic data liability
- Employment practices liability insurance
When you purchase insurance from Selective, you get more than just a policy. Our Safety Management team offers a wide array of value added services you need to help create a safer environment for your employees and customers and to help you manage your insurance costs by reducing claims.
- Best practices assessment/gap analysis
- Contractual liability consultation
- Customized workers compensation cost containment
- Driver and fleet safety programs
- Exposure reduction consultations
- OSHA 30-hour training
- Premises liability reviews
- Regulatory guidance
- Safety assessment and benchmarking tools
- Sprinkler system evaluation and analysis
- Supervisor accountability programs
- Thermographic infrared surveys
For more information about Selective's Safety Management services, click here.