10/29/2012 - Be Prepared for Hurricane Sandy: Safety Tips and Resources
Weather forecasters are predicting a difficult storm ahead as Hurricane Sandy threatens the East Coast of the United States. While we hope this storm has little impact on you and your family, having the right precautions in place will best prepare and protect you and your property.
With this in mind, here are some hurricane preparedness safety tips:
• Be aware of the latest weather forecast
• Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors
• Locate a safe room or the safest areas in your home for each hurricane hazard
• Prepare a plan for your pets if you and your family need to evacuate
• Prepare a Disaster Supply Kit
stocked with critical supplies, including important documents, medications, and non-perishable emergency supplies
For a complete list of recommendations, please visit DisasterSafety.org
or the National Hurricane Center
If you are impacted by the storm, and need to file a claim, please call us toll-free at 866-455-9969 or click here
to report your claim online. For flood claims, please call 877-348-0552.